We all want to live out our dreams, and create the life we want. Then what is stopping us?
- It’s scary to think about what will happen if we follow our hearts when it doesn’t seem very practical.
- It’s scary to give up the safe, predictable existence of the routine life.
- It’s scary to do what you think you can’t do.
- It’s scary to think that you might fail.
- It’s scary when you’re not sure where to start.
We could stay small, we could play it safe. But that’s not a life, that’s just existing.
So let’s let go of…
- Letting our lives be dictated by fear of failing.
- Allowing uncertainty about where to start keep us from ever taking the first step to living our dreams.
- Trying to create the perfect plan or waiting for the perfect time to start your dream journey.
- Thinking that we have to live the way others tell us to.
- Settling for something other than what we truly want.
This is how we live: Go to school, go to college, do a job that you kind of like (but really don’t), get married, have kids, save for retirement, and slowly give up.
But we don’t have to live like this.
Just because a lot of people do something, doesn’t mean that’s the only way to live. You can follow your own path, wake up excited, and live your dreams.
My life had been full of ups and downs. But that was how I was looking at what happened to me. What I never understood was what was happening in me.
I started questioning this constricting path, and then one day I woke up. I realized that I couldn’t live like this anymore. I had to do something about it.
So I started to work on myself. I thought about the life I really wanted to create, instead of the one I was told I should live. I started getting clear about what I wanted, and I worked hard to change my beliefs, and replace the habits I created with more effective, empowering ones. I started to come alive.
These shifts have allowed me to:
- Live Life Powerfully and Live a Life I Love
- I became the source of energy for my work, workplace and the people around me and my work, workplace and the people became a source of energy for me.
- There was no distinction between work and play, I always did both together, so I never get tired of work and so I never need a vacation.
- Spend more time doing the things I enjoy
- Design my schedule the way I see fit.
- Actually being there and being present for all the wonderful people in my life.
- Wake up excited about my life.
It’s time to dream and have a vision
Think of the life you really want to create. Imagine the positive impact you will have on this planet, by having the courage to follow your dreams.
Maybe you’re not sure how to start.
- Define Your Dreams – Sometimes it’s hard to define what your dreams are when you’re so used to suppressing them. Uncover those dreams, aspirations, and create a map of what you want to create.
- Overcome Uncertainty – You probably wonder at some level whether dreams are practical or just ridiculous. Overcome self-doubt that keeps you from taking action.
- Break free from limiting beliefs – Dreams are possible, make your dreams take root in the world.
- Learn how to deal with critics – There are others who would seek to bring you down because your courage makes them uncomfortable. Overcome the critics and create a powerful group of people that will support you on your path.
- Create a roadmap — If you don’t have a roadmap, it’s easy to become paralyzed by indecision and procrastinate on moving forward. Create a strategy that will make it inevitable that you succeed.
- Re-ignite your fire — Do not lose your passion repeating the same boring routine. Get your fire back and rekindle your excitement for life. Do not dread the next day, look forward to it.
YOU don’t have to find your path “out there.” It’s already waiting inside of you, waiting to unfold. All you have to do is take the first step.
YOU can’t afford not to dream. You can’t afford to let another moment, day, year slip away without following your heart. You have to start now.
Too many of us put our dreams on hold because of fear, lack of time, or a lack of believing in ourselves.
The best time to start was yesterday. The next best time is now. Will you take the first step?
DR SUMIT GOEL
Doctor, Author and Motivator